We bought some Calvados recently and wanted to make a low-carb cocktail with it...this is the happy result! Calvados is fundamentally apple brandy from a particular region in France, but you could use applejack or some other kind of apple brandy if that's what you have. It doesn't have to be posh to taste delicious. This one is bright, bubbly, and cheerful. It would make a fabulous brunch or celebration cocktail, but we were just feeling like a light, sparkly summer refresher and this did the job. Food pairing: Keto Halloumi Salad
- 1 oz. apple brandy (check to be sure it doesn't have sugar) We used Calvados, but suit yourself
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- ½ oz. sugar-free simple syrup
- 2 oz. dry champagne Or you could use any dry sparkling wine
- 1 sprig mint
- Put the apple brandy, lemon juice, and simple syrup in your cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain the gorgeous results into a chilled cocktail glass or coupe.
- Add the champagne on top.
- Garnish with the sprig of mint.
The calorie count in this recipe is based on the numbers for Calvados and prosecco.
Serving: 1Calories: 117kcalFat: 0gProtein: 0gNet Carbs: 2.5g