Yes, grenadine is a syrup made with pomegranate juice. That's what you were drinking in all of those Shirley Temples when you were a kid!Well, you may not have tasted the pomegranate juice back then, but I promise you will when you use this grenadine. It's luscious and flavorful, and so much better than the sugary I-don't-know-what-that-is from the grocery store. And best of all, there is no added sugar.
- 16 oz. 100% pomegranate juice
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. orange flower blossom water Many grocery stores carry this now, or you can find it in Middle Eastern markets.
- 2 cups granulated Allulose
- Put the pomegranate juice in a medium saucepan and heat it until just before it boils.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the remaining three ingredients and stir until the Allulose is dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool, then transfer it to a glass storage container and keep it in the refrigerator.
You can use a different sugar-free sweetener if you like, but I prefer Allulose because it's doesn't re-crystallize after you put it in the fridge.
Serving: 1oz.Calories: 15kcalFat: 1gProtein: 1gNet Carbs: 3g