A Revolver is a kind of Manhattan variation, where bourbon is mixed with coffee liqueur instead of vermouth. It may sound weird and not that appetizing, but if you like bourbon you're going to fall in love with this balanced cocktail. The spiciness of the bourbon goes really well with the mildly sweet yet punchy flavor of the coffee liqueur.If you haven't tried it yet, I strongly encourage you to try making your own sugar-free coffee liqueur. It's so easy and it means we can keep this a low-carb recipe. Food pairing: Ruled.Me Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches
- 2 oz. bourbon (a spicy rye bourbon like Bulleitt or Maker's Mark works well here)
- ½ oz. sugar-free coffee liqueur
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Put all the ingredients in your mixing glass and stir with ice for about 20 seconds.
- Strain it into a chilled highball.
- Express a strip of orange peel over the glass and then use the peel to garnish.
Serving: 1Calories: 185kcalFat: 0gProtein: 0gNet Carbs: 0g