I love a Paloma! I’m told by my Mexican friends and tour guides that this is the authentic Mexican tequila cocktail (rather than the margarita). Feel free to argue the merits of margaritas and Palomas amongst yourselves, while I stand to one side doing my own personal taste test. I found this recipe on The Spruce Eats and just adapted it to make it low in carbs. Make sure you try it both ways: with sugar-free simple syrup and unsweetened grapefruit soda water, AND with just Fresca. Which one is your favorite? Food pairing: Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa from Gimme Delicious
- 2 oz. blanco tequila
- 1 oz. sugar-free simple syrup
- ½ oz. lime juice
- 4 oz. grapefruit-flavored, unsweetened soda water Alternatively, you can use 4 oz. of Original Fresca, which is sweetened with aspartame. If you use Fresca, omit the sugar-free simple syrup.
- If you like a salt rim, rub the rim of your collins glass with a lime wedge and then roll the moistened rim in a little dish of salt.
- Fill the glass with ice and add the tequila, sugar-free simple syrup, and lime juice. Give it a little stir.
- Top it off with the grapefruit soda and salud!
Serving: 1Calories: 68kcalFat: 0gProtein: 0gNet Carbs: 1g