To get my margarita fix, I adapted a recipe I found in 500 Ketogenic Recipes, a book by Dana Carpender. This is a tall, carbonated version of the classic, but you can see my Traditional Margarita recipe online if you prefer that take on it. I find this is a very sessionable cocktail…it stretches out that margarita experience on a nice, hot summer day. Food pairing: Keto White Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 oz. blanco tequila
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 6 drops plain liquid Stevia, or the liquid sweetener of your choice
- 3 - 4 drops orange extract (or you can use orange-flavored Stevia instead of the Stevia-and-orange-extract combo)
- Lime sparkling water to taste
- If you want a salt rim, rub some lime juice around the rim of a tall glass, then dip it in a plate of salt. I like a Tajín rim to give it a bit of spice!
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Put all the ingredients except the sparkling water into the glass and give it a stir.
- Top it up with the lime sparkling water and give it another little stir.
- Garnish with a wedge or wheel of lime.
Serving: 1Calories: 136kcalFat: 0gProtein: 0gNet Carbs: 2g