This is the classic Champagne Cocktail, made with brandy, Angostura bitters, and, for us, a low-carb sweetener. It's simple and festive, so perfect for a New Year's celebration, brunch, Mother's Day, birthday, or anytime you want to make things a bit more special.You can make this without the brandy for a different version of the classic Champagne Cocktail. Champagne is recommended here over prosecco, because prosecco tends to be a bit sweeter and more fruity or flowery. But feel free to experiment with the bubbly component of this cocktail and see what suits your tastes. Make it a party!Food pairing: All Day I Dream About Food's Mushroom & Sage Rolled Turkey Breast.
- 3 oz. champagne
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- ⅘ oz. brandy or cognac
- 1 tsp. low-carb powdered / confectioners sugar substitute
- Put the sugar into the bottom of a coupe glass or champagne flute.
- Cover the sugar with the bitters.
- Add the brandy or cognac.
- Gently top with the champagne.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon.
I find that a powdered sugar substitute works best here because it dissolves more easily in the bitters and champagne but use whatever you like. I won't complain.
Serving: 1Fiber: 0gCalories: 135kcalProtein: 0gNet Carbs: 2.4g