A few years back, I visited Nashville for a work conference. I was lucky enough to have my husband join me, and in the evenings, we would go out on the town for hot chicken and barbecue and Bushwackers. My friends, if you haven’t tried a Bushwacker it’s fundamentally an alcoholic Wendy’s Frosty (TM). What could possibly be wrong with that...except that the original is full of sugar? So, I adapted a recipe I found online, and I think it’s a refreshing, boozy winner. Food pairing: All Day I Dream About Food's Keto Pulled Pork.
- 2 oz. cream of coconut You can find my recipe here: Cream of Coconut
- 2 oz. heavy cream
- 1 oz. dark rum
- 1 oz. sugar-free coffee liqueur
- 1 oz. sugar-free chocolate syrup
- 2 cups crushed ice (about 10 oz.)
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and liquefy the mixture.
- Pour it into a chilled hurricane glass and garnish with sugar-free whipped cream.
- I wouldn’t even mind if you put a drizzle of sugar-free chocolate syrup on top; have at it!
You can also make a big batch of these ahead of time for a party, then put them in the freezer. When you’re ready to serve them, just let them sit out for a minute or two and give them a stir.
Calories: 465kcalFat: 32gProtein: 1gNet Carbs: 4g