Boozy Golden Milk
Boozy Golden Milk
Golden Milk is more or less a turmeric latte. It's meant to have a lot of health benefits because, among other things, turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties. If we add black pepper, it's even healthier because the pepper makes the turmeric more available for use in our bodies. I only play a doctor on TV, so don't listen to any health advice from me. I just happened to come across a Golden Milk drink mix which was very low in carbs, and instantly wondered if it would be any good with some alcohol in it. I'm certainly not above adding booze to something "healthy." I'm happy to say the results were delicious, and just about any type of milk would work in this recipe. I used coconut milk, but you could use cow, goat, sheep, almond, hemp, soy, or whatever floats your boat.As with the milk options, you can also choose any spirit you like. I used rum in my test drink, but I think whiskey, bourbon, or brandy would all be excellent choices.Finally, Boozy Golden Milk can also be served hot or cold. I like it hot but try both versions and let me know what you prefer. Food pairing: All Day I Dream About Food's Cardamom Orange Biscotti.
- 8 oz. unsweetened coconut milk Use any type of milk you prefer; they will all taste wonderful. Keto folks, use full-fat.
- 1 oz. heavy cream This is for my Keto friends, but omit it or use whatever version of cream you like.
- 1 oz. rum Use any kind of rum you like, or really any kind of spirit that sounds good to you.
- 1½ tsp. Golden Milk drink mix (dry) Here's one recipe to try. Stop after you finish blending the dry ingredients together.
- Put the milk, cream, and Golden Milk mix into a saucepan and warm it over low heat until it reaches your preferred drinking temperature. Stir as you go.
- Alternatively, put the milk, cream, and Golden Milk in a mug and heat it in the microwave until it reaches your preferred drinking temperature. Stir.
- Add the rum and stir again.
- Garnish with nutmeg or cinnamon.
My nutrition information above is based on Simple Truth unsweetened coconut milk, dark rum, and Chérie Sweet Heart Golden Milk Latte mix. Yours might vary a little depending on which ingredients you choose.
Serving: 1Calories: 252kcalFat: 15.8gProtein: 1gNet Carbs: 2.5g