Blake’s Texas Ranch Water
Blake's Texas Ranch Water
Sure, I had seen the canned versions of Texas Ranch Water. They were low-carb and tasted all right. But cousin Blake introduced me to the REAL version when we were all celebrating Aunt Deb and Uncle Darrell's 50th anniversary this past July. OK, we were in Peoria, IL, for the party but Cousin Blake is from Texas. I'm pretty sure he knows his Texas Ranch Water because he made me one and it was perfect. You need to be tougher than a two-dollar steak to drink even one of these. I won't swear this is his exact recipe, but it's strong and tasty. Watch yourselves, friends, and feel free to cut this recipe in half if it's too boozy for you. I also like my drinks tart, so you could also add a bit of your favorite low-carb sweetener if you like. Cheers to Aunt Deb and Uncle Darrell, and here's to many more years of wedded bliss!Food pairing: Keto Queso from That Low Carb Life.
- 3 oz. blanco tequila Yep, you read that right. Three ounces!
- 1½ oz. lime juice
- Topo Chico plain seltzer Get it nice and cold before you use it.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Add your blanco tequila and lime juice.
- Fill the glass with Topo chico and stir gently.
- Garnish with a wedge or wheel of lime; we ain't fancy.
Serving: 1Calories: 204kcalFat: 0gProtein: 0gNet Carbs: 3g