I had some leftover basil after making a Thai curry and decided to find a cocktail recipe for it. I had a look on Steve the Bartender's app (it's called Shake & Strain) and found this Basil Smash. I promptly de-carbed it and this is the glorious result. It combines my beloved gin with the freshness of lemon and basil, for a perky and bracing result. Another summer refresher in the bag. Food pairing: Thai Keto Red Curry Chicken - Splash of Keto
- 2 oz. gin
- ¾ oz. lemon juice
- ¾ oz. sugar-free simple syrup
- 8 basil leaves
- Put the basil in the bottom of your cocktail shaker and muddle it gently.
- Add the other ingredients to the cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake.
- Double strain it into an old fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil.
Serving: 1Calories: 124kcalFat: 0gProtein: 0gNet Carbs: 1.5g